Google + App Setup
This document provides instructions on how to properly setup a Google+ application so that users can login/register via Google on your site. You will need to purchase our social login extension if you want users to login via Google.
To allow users to login to your site with their Google+ account you need to create a Google+ project and enable Google+ API. To enable API and create new Google+ project please do the following:
- Login with your Google account and go to the developer console website: https://console.developers.google.com/
- Click the “Enable and manage APIs"
- Go to Social APIs - Google+ API
- Enable Google + API
Creating new project and adding credentials
Enter the project details in the pop-up that appears and click the “create” button
- Go to Credentials sidebar and add credentials OAuth Client ID
- Which API are you using - Google+ API
- Where you will be calling the API from - Web Browser
- Enter your site url details into pop-up (leave application type set to web application) and click the “Create client ID” button. Important: You should also add the following URIs in the Authorized redirect URIs field:
- After the client ID is created you will see some information appear on the page
- Copy and paste the Client ID and Client Secret into the Google+ tab on the Ultimate Member > Settings > Social Connect page to connect your site to your App