LinkedIn App Setup
This document provides instructions on how to properly setup a LinkedIn application so that users can login/register via LinkedIn on your site. You will need to purchase our social login extension if you want users to login via LinkedIn.
Creating a new app
To allow users to login to your site with their LinkedIn account you need to create a LinkedIn app. To create a new LinkedIn app please do the following:
- Go to the LinkedIn developer site: https://developer.linkedin.com/
- Click the “My Apps” link in the header menu and login
- After logging in click the “Add new application” link
- To correctly create the application please fill in the sections of the application which are explained below
- Company – Select an existing company or choose New Company. If you select new company you will be asked to enter a company name.
- Account administrators – If you want other people than just yourself to manage the app you can make them an administrator here.
- Application Name – Enter a name for your application.
- Description – Enter a name for your application.
- Website URL – Enter the URL for your website’s homepage e.g http://www.mydomain.com/
- Application Use – Select the most appropriate category from the dropdown.
- Application Developers – You can ignore this option.
- Live Status – Select live drom the dropdown.
- Developer Contact Email – Enter your email address.
- Phone – Enter your phone number.
- Business Contact Email – This is an optional field and you can leave blank if you wish.
- Phone – This is an optional field and you can leave blank if you wish.
OAuth User Agreement
- Default Scope – Please select ONLY r_basicprofileand r_emailaddress
- OAuth 2.0 Redirect URLs – Enter the URL for your website’s homepage e.g http://www.mydomain.com/
- OAuth 1.0a Accept Redirect URL – Enter the URL for your website’s homepage e.g http://www.mydomain.com/
- OAuth 1.0a Cancel Redirect URL – Enter the URL for your website’s homepage e.g http://www.mydomain.com/
- App Logo Secure URL – You can paste a url to your site’s logo here (SSL is required)
- Agreement Language – You can leave this as the default setting which is “Browser Locale Setting”
You can ignore this section.
Terms of service
- Agree – Read the terms of service and check the box to confirm that you have read and agree to the terms.
Once you have entered all the details click the “add application” button.
If the app is successfully created you will see the following details. You will need to copy the API Key and Secret Key and add them on the settings page.