VKontakte App Setup
This document provides instructions on how to properly setup a VKontakte application so that users can login/register via VKontakte on your site. You will need to purchase the social login extension if you want users to login via VKontakte.
Creating a new app
To allow users to login to your site with their VKontakte account you need to create a vKontakte app. To create a new vKontakte app please do the following:
- Go to the vk developers page: http://new.vk.com/dev
- After logging in, click the “Create an Application” button
- Enter your own Title, and select “Website” for Category.
- Enter and confirm the code via Mobile
- After you’ve confirmed the code, go to your app > settings. You will need to add your site domain as Base Domain. You will also need to add those page URLs that has the social login buttons e.g. https://www.yoursite.com/login/ or https://www.yoursite.com/register/
- Now, you can add the Application ID and Secure Key in WP Admin > Ultimate Member > Settings > Social Connect > VK. Turn On 'VK Social Connect' and enter the API Key ( Application Id ) and API Secret ( Secure Key). Save the settings and test the Social Login's VK button.