Instagram app for social login
This document provides instructions on how to properly setup an Instagram application so that users can login/register via Instagram on your site. You will need to purchase the social login extension if you want users to login via Instagram.
Instagram App creation and setup
For Instagram social login to work correctly you need to create an Instagram application.
- Go to the Instagram developer site: https://instagram.com/developer/
- Click the “Manage Clients” link in the header menu and login
- After logging in, click the “Register Your Application” button
- Click on "Register a New Client" button
- You will be taken to the Register a new client page
Register new Client ID
To register a new client ID please do the following:
- Enter the name of your application
- Enter a description for your application
- Enter Company name
- Enter your website URL e.g http://www.exampledomain.com/
- Enter the Valid redirects URIs, you just need to enter your site's login, register and account's social tab URIs into the Valid redirects URIs field with /?provider=instagram on the end e.g:
- You just need to enter your site's login, register and account's social tab URIs into the Valid OAuth redirects URIs field.
- Enter the Captcha
- Click the register button
- You can leave Disable implicit OAuth and Enforce signed header on their default selections under Security tab.
After the app is successfully registered, you will be navigated to the Manage Clients page.
1. Click on the Manage button to view your App details.
2. Copy the Client ID and Client Secret and paste them to Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions > Social login then save changes.
Note: Every new app created on the Instagram Platform starts in Sandbox mode. To go Live and fully access Instagram content, you will need to submit your application for review and approval. Please follow this link for more information on Instagram Platform Update.