How to setup secure 2-factor authentication
This document provides instructions on how to setup secure 2-Step verification using Google Authenticator and Ultimate member Google Authenticator extension.
Installing & activating
To add the Google Authenticator extension to your site please do the following:
- Download the plugin zip folder from your account on ultimatemember.com
- Install the plugin by uploading it to your site by going to Plugins -> Add new -> Upload plugin.
- On the upload plugin page click on the “Choose file” button and select the Google Authenticator zip folder from your computer.
- Once the file um-google-authenticator.zip appears on the screen click the “Install now” button to install the plugin.
- Wait until “Plugin installed successfully” message appears.
- Click the “Activate plugin” link to complete the activation.
Google Authenticator app:
Activating 2-Step verification
Scan QR code on the Security tab using Google authenticator application using your phone or tablet.
Login using 2-step verification
On the next login, the 2-step verification form will appear and users will be prompted to enter verification code from Google Authenticator application.