Password Reset doesn't work
Password Reset doesn't work, the error message "Your password reset link appears to be invalid. Please request a new link below." is displayed.
What is the reason
- first part is 'wp-resetpass-'
- second part is a hash that is unique for each user
The plugin displays a form with fields "New Password" and "Confirm Password" if this cookie is set. The plugin displays the error message instead of the form if this cookie is not set.
What to do
1. Disable caching for the Password Reset page. Follow instructions in this article to disable a page caching in the caching plugin. Inspect the
Cache-Control header to verify that the browser caching is disabled. Set these headers to properly disable browser caching for the page:
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate Pragma: no-cache Expires: 0
2. Disable a thing that blocks cookies (it may be the security plugin or the browser add-on) or add needed cookie to the white list.
3. Confirm with your hosting provider that there's no server cache module enabled on your server. If there's any server cache, please exclude the Password Reset page.