Password Reset doesn't work
Password Reset doesn't work, the error message
"Your password reset link appears to be invalid. Please request a new link below."
What is the reason
- first part is 'wp-resetpass-'
- second part is a hash that is unique for each user
See image. On the left side, you can see Response headers from the site where the "password reset" functionality doesn't work. On the right side, you can see Response headers from the site where the "password reset" functionality works well. As you can see, there is a header "Set-Cookie: wp-resetpass-..." on the right.
What to do
1. Please disable thing that blocks cookies (it may be security or caching plugin or utility) or add this cookie to the white list.
2. Please never cache such pages as "Login," "Register," "Password Reset," "Account," and "Profile." Verify caching settings and disable cache for these pages.
3. Confirm with your hosting provider that there's no server cache module enabled on your server. If there's any server cache, please exclude the Password Reset page.