Instagram App Setup
This document provides instructions on how to setup the Instagram extension and allow users to show their Instagram photos on their profile page.
Instagram App creation and setup
For Instagram extension to work correctly you need to create an Instagram application.
- Go to the Instagram developer site: https://instagram.com/developer/
- Click the “Manage Clients” link in the header menu and login
- After logging in, click the “Register Your Application” button
- Click on "Register a New Client" button
- You will be taken to the Register a new client page
Register new Client ID
To register a new client ID please do the following:
- Enter the name of your application
- Enter a description for your application
- Enter Company name
- Enter your website url with ?um-connect-instagram=true on the end e.g http://www.exampledomain.com/?um-connect-instagram=true
- Enter the OAuth redirect_uri with ?um-connect-instagram=true on the end e.g http://www.exampledomain.com/?um-connect-instagram=true
- Enter the Captcha
- Click the register button
- You can leave Disable implicit OAuth and Enforce signed header on their default selections under Security tab.
After the app is successfully registered, you will be navigated to the Manage Clients page.
1. Click on the Manage button to view your App details.
2. Copy the Client ID and Client Secret and paste them to Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions > Instagram Photos then save changes.
Note: Every new app created on the Instagram Platform starts in Sandbox mode. To go Live and fully access Instagram content, you will need to submit your application for review and approval. Please follow this link for more information on Instagram Platform Update.
Adding Instagram field in Forms
Once you have created Instagram app and copied client id and client secret to the Instagram Photos tab:
- Go to Ultimate Member > Forms
- Add new or edit existing form.
- Click the + icon to add new field
- Select Instagram Photos field.
- Give the field a title.
- Save your form.