How do I turn off strong password on registration form?
By default strong passwords is turned on for user registration. The strong password conditions require each password to have at least 1 letter and number and at least 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase letter.
Whilst this helps to make user accounts on your website more secure, you can turn off forcing users to have a strong password if you do not wish to use this feature.
Turning off force strong password
To turn off the force strong password you need to do the following:
- In the WP Admin go to the Ultimate Member and click on Forms.
- Click on the edit form link to edit the registration form.
- Navigate to the password field on the form builder and click on the pencil icon to edit the password field. After clicking on the icon you will see the edit field modal appear:
- Go to the force strong password option and click on the button to turn off force strong password.
- Click the "Update" button to save these changes to the field.
- Click the update form button to make these changes permanent.
Tip: If you want to change the minimum or maximum permitted length of the password you can do this also from the same edit field modal. By default the min length is set to 8 characters and the max length to 30 characters.