Social Login: LinkedIn App Setup
This document provides instructions on correctly setup a LinkedIn application so that users can log in/register via LinkedIn on your site. You will need to purchase our social login extension if you want users to log in via LinkedIn.
Creating a new app
You need to create a LinkedIn app to allow users to log in to your site with their LinkedIn accounts. To create a new LinkedIn app, please do the following:
- Go to the LinkedIn developer site: https://developer.linkedin.com/.
- Click the “Create App” button on the banner.
- To correctly create the application, please fill in the application sections, which are explained below.
Create an app
- Application Name – Enter a name for your application.
- Company name – Select an existing company or choose a New Company. If you select the new company, you will be asked to enter a company name.
- Description – Enter a name for your application.
- Business Email – Enter your email address.
- Legal terms - Read the terms of service and check the box to confirm that you have read and agree to the terms.
OAuth 2.0 settings
In the redirects URLs, you just need to enter your site's login, register and account's social tab URLs with /?provider=linkedin in the end e.g:
Scopes ( Social Login v2.3+ )
Add the two required scopes in the app settings: r_liteprofile and r_emailaddress.
To do this, go to the Products tab, select and add Sign In with LinkedIn to your products. A legal agreement pop-up window will appear, read the terms and check the box if you agree. Then click the "Add Product" button.
Return to Auth tab and wait for a few seconds for it to appear in 0Auth 2.0 scopes.
If the app is successfully created, you will see the following details. You will need to copy the API Key and Secret Key and add them to the Ultimate member -> Settings -> Extensions -> Social login settings page.