Social Login: LinkedIn App Setup
This document provides instructions on how to properly setup a LinkedIn application so that users can login/register via LinkedIn on your site. You will need to purchase our social login extension if you want users to login via LinkedIn.
Creating a new app
To allow users to login to your site with their LinkedIn account you need to create a LinkedIn app. To create a new LinkedIn app please do the following:
- Go to the LinkedIn developer site: https://developer.linkedin.com/
- Click the “Create App” link in the header menu and login
- To correctly create the application please fill in the sections of the application which are explained below
Create an app
- Application Name – Enter a name for your application.
- Company name – Select an existing company or choose New Company. If you select new company you will be asked to enter a company name.
- Description – Enter a name for your application.
- Business Email – Enter your email address.
- Legal terms - Read the terms of service and check the box to confirm that you have read and agree to the terms.
OAuth 2.0 settings
In the redirects URLs, you just need to enter your site's login, register and account's social tab URLs with /?provider=linkedin in the end e.g:
Scopes ( Social Login v2.3+ )
Add the two required scopes in the app settings: r_liteprofile and r_emailaddress:
If the app is successfully created you will see the following details. You will need to copy the API Key and Secret Key and add them to the Ultimate member -> Settings -> Extensions -> Social login settings page.