How to Change Ultimate Member Profile Layout
If you are using UM Theme, you will have extra Ultimate member Profile layouts. Here are the screenshots of how these profile layouts look:
Creating custom profile template
Copy the file profile.php from the plugin's directory to the child theme directory and change its name:
- Original file: /wp-content/plugins/ultimate-member/templates/profile.php
- Copied file: /wp-content/themes/um-theme-child/ultimate-member/templates/profile-2.php
Open new file and paste a comment with the template name to the first line, see example:
<?php /* Template: Profile 2 */ if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) exit; ?>
Change the template file and save it.
Changing UM Profile Layout
Follow these steps to change the Ultimate member user profile layout:
- Go to Dashboard > Ultimate Member > Settings
- Click on the Appearance tab
- Under the Profile Default Template dropdown*, you will find extra options (Profile 2, Profile 3, Profile 4 & Side Menu)
- Select the layout, then click on Save Changes.
*Note: The dropdown Profile Default Template selects a profile template for all profile forms. This setting may be overridden for a certain profile form.