User Bookmarks setup
The User Bookmarks extension allows users to bookmark posts, pages, media, and other post types for quick access from the User page. This document provides instructions on how to set up and use the User Bookmarks extension.
Once you activate the User Bookmarks extension, you will see the User Bookmarks tab in wp-admin > Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions. On this page, you can find the following options:
- Bookmark icon position - choose the position of the bookmark icon on the page.
- Enable bookmark - choose where the bookmark icon will appear.
- Enable bookmark on archive pages - allow bookmarking in categories.
- Enable bookmark on profile pages - allow you to bookmark the user profiles. (Disabled by default)
- Profile folders text (Plural) - (optional, appears if the bookmark on profile pages is enabled) folder text plural form.
- Profile folder text (Singular) - (optional, appears if the bookmark on the profile page is enabled) folder text singular form.
- Add bookmark button text - set the text of the bookmark icon.
- Remove bookmark button text - set the photo thumbnail size.
- Disable folder system for Bookmarks - turn this on to use the user bookmarks functionality without folders.
- Folders text (Plural) – (optional, appears if the folder system is enabled) folder text plural form.
- Folder text (Singular) – (optional, appears if the folder system is enabled) folder text singular form.
- Bookmarked Icon (css class) - a class of the bookmarked icon.
- Regular Icon (css class) - a class of the regular icon.
- Using Page Builder - show post excerpt without applying shortcodes if not checked.
- Create default folder – (optional, appears if the folder system is enabled) automatically creates the first bookmarks folder for a new member.
- Default folder name – (optional, appears if the default folder is enabled) a name for the automatically created bookmarks folder.
Image - The User Bookmarks settings on wp-admin > Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions > User Bookmarks.
The user bookmarks extension adds the "Bookmarks" tab to the user profile page.
The bookmarks tab allows users to create folders for bookmarks and arrange bookmarks to folders. To bookmark a post/page or any other custom post type users should click on the bookmark icon at the bottom of the page.
Bookmark on Profile Pages
Enable the bookmark on profile pages in wp-admin > Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions > User Bookmarks.
Go to the user's profile page and click on the bookmark button.
Bookmarked users will be added in the sub tab Users(Profile>Bookmarks tab> Users).
All bookmarked pages/posts, custom post types or users can be found in the "Bookmarks" tab on the User profile.
You can use these shortcodes if the User Bookmarks extension is installed:
- [um_bookmarks_button] - this shortcode displays the "Bookmark" button or the "Remove bookmark" button.
- [um_user_bookmarks] - this shortcode displays the Bookmarks block content.
[um_user_bookmarks_all] - this shortcode displays all user bookmarks without folders. Except for the bookmarked User Profile bookmarks.
You can see shortcode examples here.