This document provides instructions on how to use the ForumWP extension on your site and how it integrates with Ultimate Member.
The default ForumWP profile is removed with this extension and the ForumWP stats for each user are moved to the Ultimate Member profile under a new profile tab called “Forums”. The forum tab can show five sub-tabs: Topics Started, Replies Created, Subscriptions, Likes and Bookmarks (Subscriptions, Likes, and Bookmarks will only show if you have activated these ForumWP.
- User can unsubscribe and unlike topics/replies directly from their profile
- The extension will also redirect all links on the forums from the default ForumWP profile to the Ultimate Member profile.
With the extension, you can apply permissions on a user role basis. To apply permissions to a role, edit the role and go to the ForumWP Permissions widget. In this widget you can set the following:
- Can have forums tab – This option allows you to disable the forums tab for certain user roles.
- Can create new topics – This option allows you to decide whether a user role can create new topics or not
- Can create new replies – This option allows you to decide whether a user role can create new replies or not
Forum writing permissions
The extension allows you to apply posting restrictions to individual forums. You can restrict which user roles can create new topics or replies on a per forum basis. To apply restrictions to a forum edit the desired forum and you will see a widget called: “Writing permissions”. On this widget, you can choose which roles can create new topics in this forum and which roles can create new replies in this forum.
Blocking access to a forum
You can use the access control widget to stop certain people/roles from even viewing the forum. To do this just turn on access control for forum and topic CPTs and decide who can view the forum. You can then set a redirect URL to the main forums page or any other URL or you can leave the URL field blank.