Social Login: Github App Setup
This document provides instructions on properly setting up a GitHub application so users can log in/register via Github on your site. You will need to purchase the social login extension if you want users to log in via GitHub.
Creating a new app
You need to create a GitHub app to allow users to log in to your site with their GitHub account. To create a new GitHub app, please do the following:
- Go to the GitHub application management site: https://github.com/settings/applications/new
- For first-timers, you must register a new application, click the button, and fill in the required information.
Enter the details for the application.
3. Do not forget to add a single Callback/Redirect URL( See screenshot below ):
4. Read and agree to the Developer Guidelines and click the “ Register Application” button
5. Go to Settings> Developer Settings> OAuth Apps and click on your App.
Client ID & Secret
On this page, you will find the Client ID (API key) and Client Secret (API secret). If no Client Secret is shown, you need to click the Generate a new client secret button.
Go to Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions > Social Login > Github Social Connect.