Social Login: Github App Setup
This document provides instructions on how to properly set up a Github application so that users can log in/register via Github on your site. You will need to purchase the social login extension if you want users to log in via Github.
Creating a new app
To allow users to log in to your site with their Github account you need to create a Github app. To create a new Github app please do the following:
- Go to the Github application management site: https://github.com/settings/applications/new
- For first-timers, you must register a new application, click the button, and fill in the required information.
Enter the details for the application.
3. Do not forget to add a single Callback/Redirect URL( See screenshot below ):
4. Read and agree to the Developer Guidelines and click the “ Register Application” button
5. Go to Settings> Developer Settings> OAuth Apps and click on your App.
Client ID & Secret
On this page, you will find the Client ID (API key) and Client Secret (API secret), if there is no Client Secret shown, you need to click the Generate a new client secret button.
Go to Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions > Social Login > Github Social Connect.