Social Login: Github App Setup
This document provides instructions on how to properly setup a Github application so that users can login/register via Github on your site. You will need to purchase the social login extension if you want users to login via Github.
Creating a new app
To allow users to login to your site with their Github account you need to create a Github app. To create a new Github app please do the following:
- Go to the Github application management site: https://github.com/settings/developers/
- Click the “New OAuth App” button
3. Enter the details for the application
4. Do not forget to add a single Callback/Redirect URL( See screenshot below ):
5. Read and agree to the Developer Guidelines and click the “Register Application” button
6. After the app is created you will be redirected to your application and you will see the following page.
Client ID & Secret
On this page you will find the Client ID (API key) and Client Secret (API secret). You need to copy both of these and add them to your site on the Github tab on UM settings page.