Social Login: WordPress App Setup
This document provides instructions on how to properly setup a WordPress application so that users can login/register via WordPress on your site. You will need to purchase the social login extension if you want users to login via WordPress.
Creating a new app
To allow users to login to your site with their WordPress account you need to create a WordPress app. To create a new WordPress app please do the following:
- Go to the WordPress application management site: http://developer.wordpress.com/apps/
- Click the “Create New Application” button
3. Enter the details for the application
4. Do not forget to add Callback/Redirect URLs( See screenshot below ):
- https://yoursiteURL/login/ e.g. https://ultimatemember.com/login/
- https://yoursiteURL/register/ e.g. https://ultimatemember.com/register/
- https://yoursiteURL/account/social/ e.g. https://ultimatemember.com/account/social/
5. Read and agree to the Developer Guidelines and click the “Create” button
6. After the app is created you will be redirected to your application and you will see the following section at the bottom page.
Client ID & Secret
On this page you will find the Client Key (API key) and Client Secret (API secret). You need to copy both of these and add them to your site on the WordPress tab on UM settings page.