Social Login: WordPress App Setup
This document provides instructions on properly setting up a WordPress application so that users can log in/register via WordPress on your site. You will need to purchase the social login extension if you want users to log in via WordPress.
Creating a new app
You need to create a WordPress app to allow users to log in to your site with their WordPress accounts. To create a new WordPress app, please do the following:
- Go to the WordPress application management site: http://developer.wordpress.com/apps/.
- Click the "Create New Application" button.
3. Enter the details for the application.
4. Do not forget to add Callback/Redirect URLs( See screenshot below ):
- https://yoursiteURL/login/?provider=wordpress, e.g., https://ultimatemember.com/login/?provider=wordpress,
- https://yoursiteURL/register/?provider=wordpress,e.g., https://ultimatemember.com/register/?provider=wordpress,
- https://yoursiteURL/account/social/?provider=wordpress, e.g., https://ultimatemember.com/account/social/?provider=wordpress
5. Read and agree to the Developer Guidelines and click the " Create" button.
6. After the app was created. You will see a notification.
Go to My Applications>Your App (e.g My Social Login App.) You will see the following section on the bottom page.
Client ID & Secret
Go to Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions > Social Login > WordPress Social Connect . Paste the Client ID & Client Secret in the text fields under WordPress Social Connect and click the "Save Changes" button.