Social Login: TwitchTV App Setup
You can let your user login or register via TwitchTV on your site using the Ultimate Member social login extension. This document will be your guide on how to set up TwitchTV App on your site.
Creating a new app
You need to create a TwitchTV app to allow users to log in to your site with their TwitchTV account. Do the following to create a new app:
- Go to TwitchTV Developers site: https://dev.twitch.tv/login
- Login to TwitchTV, and make sure that your Two-Factor Authentication is enabled. A user must have a two-factor auth enabled to be able to register the application
Once logged-in, you will be redirected to your console.Click on Applications or Register Your Application
In the Developer Applications, click on the "+ Register Your Application" button.
- To register your application, you need to type the application name, the OAuth Redirect URLs, and Select Category
- In the OAuth Redirect URLs, you need to enter your site's login, register, and account's social tab URLs into the field, for example:
- Select Website Integration from the dropdown menu of the Category
- Once you're done setting up your app registration, click the "Create" button
- When the app is registered, it will be displayed below the Developer Applications. Click on the "Manage" button
Copy the Client ID and Client Secret. You need to click the "New Secret" button if no Client Secret is shown.
Go to Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions > Social Login > TwitchTV Social Connect and paste the Client ID & Client Secret in the fields. Don't forget to click the "Save Changes" button below to save.
Your users can now connect, log in, or register their TwitchTV account to your site.