Social Login: Discord App Setup
This document provides instructions on how to properly set up a Discord application so that users can connect via Discord on your site. You will need to purchase the social login extension if you want users to log in or register via Discord.
Creating a new app
You need to create a Discord app to allow users to log in to your site with their Discord account. To create a new app, please do the following:
- Go to the Discord developer site and log in: https://discord.com/developers/applications
- Once logged in, you will be redirected to Developer Portal> Applications, then click on the "New Application" button.
Enter the name of your app and click the "Create" button
Enter the details of your application, and don't forget to save changes.
Go to Settings> OAuth2, add a single Callback/Redirect URL( See screenshot below ):
- Then copy the Client ID and Client Secret. You must click the "Reset Secret" button if no Client Secret is shown.
- Go to Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions > Social Login >Discord Social Connect.
- Paste the Client ID and the Client Secret ID in the Discord Social Connect fields. Don't forget to save changes.