How to add fields to a form
Ultimate Member allows you to add fields to the registration and profile forms. You can add some of the pre-defined fields to your forms or create your own custom fields. Predefined fields are default fields that are already existing or recognized by Ultimate Member while custom fields are fields that you have added or need to create within UM forms.
Note: Ultimate Member doesn’t add fields in WP-Admin > Users > edit profile.
To add fields to a form you need to do the following:
- Go to wp-admin > Ultimate Member > Forms
- Edit the registration or profile form
- On the form builder click on the '+' icon to open up a new field modal
- Either select a pre-defined field or click on one of the field types to create a new custom field
- If you select a pre-defined field it will then appear on the form.
If you select to set up a new field, the field option modal will appear once you click on one of the field types. When you're done setting up a new field it will be added under the Custom fields.
- Once you have added the fields you want to the registration and/or profile form, click on the update button to save the changes.
If you want to add the existing fields from the Register form to the Profile form, go to this article: Adding existing fields from Register form to Profile form