This document provides instructions on our Followers extension setup.
- User profile
- User account
Extension's settings #
Once you activate the extension, you will see the tab "Followers" on the page [Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions]. On this page, you can find these settings:
- Show followers stats in member directory - If turned off, guests will not be able to see the followers stat in the member directory.
- Show follow button in member directory - If turned on, the follow button of a user will show on the member directory.
- Allow Administrators to follow users - Displays Follow buttons in profiles & member directory
[Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions > Followers]
User Role settings #
This extension also allows you to set which roles a user role can only follow. Go to the page [wp-admin > Ultimate Member > User Roles] and choose the user role to modify settings on a specific role. You will be navigated to the page "Edit Role". On this page scroll down to the box "Followers":
- Can follow others? - Enable the following feature for this role.
- Can follow these user roles only - Limit user roles that this role can follow.
[Ultimate Member > User Roles > Edit Role]
Member Directories settings #
The extension adds buttons "Follow" and followers counter into the profile cards in the members' directory. There are settings that allow hiding these elements:
- Hide followers stats
- Hide follow button
Go to the page [Ultimate Member > Member Directories] and choose the directory to modify these settings. You will be navigated to the page "Edit Member Directory". On this page scroll down to the box "Profile Card".
Image - Settings on [Ultimate Member > Member Directories > Edit Member Directory]
Image - Profile card in the member directory
User Profile #
The extension adds these elements into the user's profile:
- Followers counter and Following counter
- Button Follow (or Following, Unfollow)
- Followers list (click Followers counter to see a list)
- Following list (click Following counter to see a list)
Image - Followers list in profile
User account #
Users are given the additional options to set their profile privacy, activity wall, and private messages to people they follow or their followers.
Users can turn on or off email notifications for new followers directly on their accounts when the Notifications extension is also integrated on your site.