Private Messages Setup
This document provides instructions on our Private Messages extension.
When the extension Private Messages is activated, it will add a Messaging tab under Ultimate Member > Settings > Extension.
Once you navigate to the Messaging tab you will see the following options:
- Message character limit- You can set the maximum number of characters allowed in each conversation reply.
- Block users from sending messages - You can add user IDs that cannot send messages on the site. Use comma to separate the list.
- Primary color - You can also select the color of the message box outline, links and send message button.
- New Message Notification - If turned on, a notification will be sent to user when a new private message is received. You can edit the subject and content of the email notification.
- Send email notifications If user did not login for - You can set the last log in time period to send email notifications about new messages if the user's last login time exceeds that period
This extension allows you to control private messages on specific user roles. To modify the settings on a specific role, please go to WP-Admin > Ultimate Member > User Roles and choose which user to modify. You will then be navigated to the Edit User Role page. On this page, scroll down to the Private Messages options.
Users can send private messages by clicking the Message button on either the user profile page or the member directory. Once the message button is clicked, a pop up window will appear where users can easily exchange texts, links and emojis.
Privacy and Notifications
If Followers and Real-time notifications extensions are also integrated on your site, users are given the option to control who can send them private messages and if they want to receive email notifications for new messages directly on their account settings.