Social Login: Twitter API v2 Setup
This document will provide instructions on setting up a Twitter application API version 2, so users can register or log in via Twitter on your site. You need to purchase and activate social login extension for this setup to work.
Creating a Project
You need to create a project first before you create a new app. Do the following steps below to create a project:
- Go to the Twitter App developer portal: https://developer.twitter.com/en/portal/projects-and-app.
- In the left side menu, below Projects & Apps, click on Overview.
- Under the Elevated Section, click on the "+ New Project" button to add a new project.
- Set the name of your project and click on the Next button.
Select how you intend to use the Twitter developer platform from the drop-down menu and then click on the Next button.
Creating a new
To create a new Twitter app, you need to do the following steps below:
- Add the keys to the Social Login. Go to Ultimate Member > Settings> Extensions > Twitter Social Connect. Paste the API Key in the Consumer Key and API Secret Key in the Consumer Secret, click on the Save Changes button to update.
- Go Back to the Twitter Developer Portal https://developer.twitter.com/en/portal/projects-and-apps.
- Under the Projects & Apps menu, go to the project you have created and click on your Twitter App's Name.
- Click on the "Set up" button to open the user authentication settings.
- Click the switch button to enable OAuth 2.0 and select the type of your app under OAuth 2.0 settings.
- Now, add your URLs to the callback URLs in the Twitter App settings under "general authentication settings."
Add your Redirect URIs. See the example below:
You can now test and check if the Twitter Login or Register Button Appears in the Login form or Register Form. Ensure that the Show social connect login forms, or registration forms are enabled in the Social login settings from wp-admin>Ultimate Member> Settings> Extension> Social login.