Real-time Notifications Setup
This document provides instructions for our Real-time Notifications extension.
When the extension is activated, it will add a Notifications tab under Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions.
Once you navigate to the Notifications tab you will see the the options below:
- Enable real-time instant notification - It is recommended to turn this setting off if your server is getting some load.
- Change the location of the notification icon to either bottom left or bottom right.
- Modify the number of seconds on how often you want the ajax notifier to check for new notifications.
- Always display the notification icon - If turned off, the icon will only show when there's a new notification.
- Account Tab - Show or hide an account tab that shows the web notifications.
- Turn on or off notifications and edit the templates for the following :
- Role upgrade
- New guest comment
- User view profile
- Guest view profile
- User awarded points for action
- User deducted points for action
- User receives points from another person
- User get a new private message
- User get a new wall post
- User get a new wall comment
- User get a new post like
- User get a new mention
- User account is verified
- Notification button
When a user receives notification, a red circle will appear on the notifications button with a number inside. This number indicates how many new notifications are received. Users can view new and past notifications via the notifications button/pop up or by going to the notifications page.
- Web Notifications
If the " Account Tab" is turned on under the Notifications settings, users can control what notifications they want to receive from their account page. These includes core notifications as well as installed extension notifications (E.g. User Reviews and myCrRED).