The Pages tab allows you to assign a page to one of the core elements required for the plugin to function properly. The plugin automatically creates and configures required pages on installation. You only need to use this tab, if you accidentally deleted pages that were automatically created when the plugin was activated for the first time.
Follow these rules when setting up pages:
- Pages must be unique to avoid conflicts. Do not use one page twice.
- "User page" and "Account page" can not be a child page because these pages require specific rewrite rules for URLs. Don't make other pages a child of the User or Account pages.
- "User page", "Login page", "Register page", "Members page", "Account page", "Password Reset page" must contain proper shortcodes.
Warning: Do not cache pages "Account", "Login", "Password Reset", "Register", "User". Caching may cause various issues, see details here.
Image - Settings on wp-admin > Ultimate Member > Settings > General > Pages
How to recreate lost pages
If the default pages have not been generated for you or you have accidentally deleted the default pages, you can also try following the steps below:
1. Make sure you are logged in.
2. Paste the below URL in the browser address bar and click enter.
** replace your-site.com with your site address.
Assigning a page
All you need to do is select an already created page on your site from the drop-down and then save the changes for that page to be assigned to the UM core element. You will have to go to that newly assigned page and add the related shortcode.
Note: You do not need to change any of the settings on this tab. The primary reason for this tab is if you accidentally delete any of the core pages installed by Ultimate Member