Social Login: Google+ App Setup
This document provides instructions on how to properly setup a Google+ application so that users can login/register via Google on your site. You will need to purchase our social login extension if you want users to login via Google.
To allow users to login to your site with their Google+ account you need to create a Google+ project and enable Google+ API. To enable API and create new Google+ project please do the following:
1. Login with your Google account and go to the developer console website: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/library/plus.googleapis.com?authuser=1
2. Create or Choose a Project
2. Click on the “Enable" button.
3. After Enabling the API, you will be redirected to the APIs & Services page of your project. Click on the "Configure Consent Screen" button.
4. Choose the "External" in the options.
5. Fill in OAuth consent fields and then Click on "Save" button.
6. Click on the "Credentials" and select "OAuth Client ID"
7. Fill in the required fields and then click on "Save" button.
Enter your site URL details into pop-up (leave application type set to web application) and click the “Create client ID” button. Important: You should also add the following URIs in the Authorized redirect URIs field: https://www.yoursitedomain.com/login/?provider=google
Note: By default URLs have the "/" symbol at the end of the path, but this is not required. Remove "/" before "?" if your site uses URLs without "/" at the end of the path.
8. After the client ID is created you will see some information appear on the page Copy and paste the Client ID and Client Secret into the Google+ tab on the Ultimate Member > Settings > Social Connect page to connect your site to your App
A. Edit the created OAuth 2.0 Client IDs "UM Social Login"
B. Copy the Client ID & Client Secret
C. Paste the Client ID & Client Secret in the UM Social Login settings. Please go to your site > WP Admin > Ultimate Member > Settings > Extension > Social Login
Click on the "Save" and test the Social Login in the pages: Login, Register & Account > Social . If you're encountering issues, please read the documentation article in the link: Social Login Common Issues