User Photos setup
User photos extension allows users to upload photos to their profile and create beautiful albums with photos. This document provides instructions on how to set up a User photos extension.
- User Role settings
- Account features
- Profile features
You can download the extension via your account on our website. If you have made an individual extension purchase you can download the extension via the download tab on your account page or if you have purchased the pass you can download the extensions via the downloads page. Once the extension is downloaded you should install and activate it using the WordPress plugin installer on wp-admin > Plugins. Read the article Installing an Extension for details.
Extension settings #
Once you activate the extension, you will see the User Photos tab in wp-admin > Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions. On this page, you can find the following options:
- Album columns - choose the number of album columns.
- Photo columns - choose the number of photo columns.
- Photo rows - choose the number of photo rows.
- Album Cover size - set the album cover size.
- Photo thumbnail size - set the photo thumbnail size.
- Disable cover photo - the album cover field will be hidden.
- Disable title - the title field will be hidden.
- Disable comment & like feature - comments and likes will be hidden.
Image - Settings on wp-admin > Ultimate Member > Settings > Extensions > User Photos.
Profile Menu settings #
The extension adds settings to the page wp-admin > Ultimate Member > Settings > Appearance > Profile Menu. These settings allow you to manage the "Photos" item in the profile menu:
- Photos Tab – Allows enabling/disabling the "Photos" item in the Profile menu.
- Who can see Photos Tab? – Manage access to the "Photos" tab in the Profile menu.
Image - Settings on wp-admin > Ultimate Member > Settings > Appearance > Profile Menu.
Email settings #
The extension adds these email templates:
- User Photos - New album has been created – Send a notification to admin when user creates an album.
- User Photos - Album has been deleted – Send a notification to admin when user deletes an album.
- User Photos - Album has been updated – Send a notification to admin when user updates an album.
Administrators can edit email templates: enable, disable, change subject or body. Go to wp-admin > Ultimate Member > Settings > Email, find the needed email template and click the button "Edit" (gear icon). You'll see email template settings. Change what you want and save changes.
Image - Settings on wp-admin > Ultimate Member > Settings > Email.
User Role settings #
The extension adds a widget to the user role page, so you can give each user role unique permissions:
- Enable photos feature? - Turns on/off photos feature for this user role. Disabled by default.
- The number of photos that the user can add - Optional. The maximum number of uploaded photos per user. 0 for unlimited upload.
Image - Settings on wp-admin > Ultimate Member > User Roles > Edit User Role.
You need to enable photos feature for a specific role. Go to wp-admin > Ultimate Member > User Roles, choose a role, and turn on the setting "Enable photos to feature?". You can set the photo uploading limits for the role in "The number of photos that the user can add".
Account features #
The extension adds the My Photos tab on the user account where users can download their photos and delete all their albums and photos.
Image - Options on Account > My Photos.
Profile features #
Adding new album #
The extension adds the Photos tab on the user profile where users can create albums and upload photos.
You can add new albums by clicking on the + New album button, adding a new album title, and uploading the album cover image. Adding new photos can be done by clicking on the + Select photos button.
Editing/Deleting album #
If you edit an album, you can edit the album title, change the album cover, remove the photos by clicking on the x icon and add more photos by clicking on the + Select photos button. To save changes, click on the Update button.
When you select to delete an album, a confirmation message will appear. Click the Delete button to proceed with the action.
View albums and photos #
The album cover photo, the album title, and the number of photos of each album are displayed in the "Albums" subtab.
Images are displayed individually in the "Photos" subtab.