How to set Role Priority for user roles
Users may have multiple roles. In this case the Ultimate Member plugin uses settings from the role with the highest priority. Settings from the first role are used if roles have equal priority. Role priority is a number and a bigger number gives a higher priority. Default user role priority is 0.
Recommended priorities for roles:
- Participant (bbp_participant) => 5
- Moderator (bbp_moderator) => 10
- Keymaster (bbp_keymaster) => 15
- Customer (customer) => 30
- Subscriber (subscriber) => 35
- Your custom roles => 40
- Contributor (contributor) => 50
- Author (author) => 55
- Shop manager (shop_manager) => 70
- Editor (editor) => 75
- Administrator (administrator) => 90
You can set user Role Priority in the "Publish" box on wp-admin > Ultimate Member > User Roles > Edit Role.
When you have 2 user roles "Subscriber" (subscriber) and "Participant" (bbp_participant), one should be the primary role. If we want the "Subscriber" to be used as the primary user role, we can add the higher priority number to it. The primary user role makes the login and register process follow its role settings. It also influences profiles access and permissions to use various account, member directory and profile features.